SurgaColl™ Technologies is an innovative medical device company supplying novel tissue regeneration products for the surgical treatment of disease of the bone, cartilage and other human tissue, based on technologies developed by the Tissue Engineering Research Group (TERG) at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, headed by Professor Fergal O’Brien.
Headed up by new CEO, Peter hamer, their mission is to become a technology development leader in the field of Regenerative Medical Devices.
Here is a brief summary of their business:
- Patented technology and world leading scientific research from the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- Address unmet need for simple regenerative solutions
- Naturally derived biomaterial implants enable tissue regeneration
- Safe – growth factor/drug free
- Effective – healing equivalent to patient’s own tissue
- Collagen-based biomimetic implants:
- Naturally derived biomaterial implants
- Strong IP protection
- Company at commercialisation stage; certified to ISO 13485, with contract and in-house manufacturing at cGMP facilities in Ireland
- Strong executive, board and advisory team